Unmet social needs such as lack of food, housing, or transportation, and social isolation are barriers to health and well-being. A recent survey from Kaiser Permanente found that nearly 70% of Americans reported at least one unmet social need in the past year. The survey also found that 97% of Americans want their providers to ask about social needs during medical visits. Addressing these social needs is an integral part of quality care and the key challenge that Thrive Local aims to solve.
What is Thrive Local?
Thrive Local is a community partner network that connects health and social service providers to deliver integrated whole person care. Thrive Local is a partnership between Kaiser Permanente and Unite Us. The network uses a shared technology platform (Unite Us), to send and receive trackable referrals between providers and community-based organizations — connecting individuals to an array of services such as housing, employment, food assistance, behavioral health, utilities, and more. The HIPAA-compliant platform allows users to track the status and progress of their clients' referrals and the outcomes of the services provided.
Thrive Local is a new tool and resource for community-based organizations to better serve your clients and community. The network is open at no cost to community-based organizations and federally qualified health centers.
Interested in being a network partner?
We're connecting community-based organizations, health plans, and health systems. Fill out the form below to request to join Thrive Local.
Network partners can:
- Increase collaboration and coordination with other community-based organizations and with health care providers.
- Connect individuals to the services they need when they need them.
- Improve organizational capacity through accurate referrals and access to a wealth of data on local service delivery.
- Track individual and community-wide outcomes to measure service gaps and outcomes to inform policy, investment decisions, and community advocacy.
- Gain visibility into your clients’ journeys as they access care over time.